Monday, November 21, 2005

I did finish the HP scarf in time to wear it to the movie premiere - (which, by the way, was good. Obviously a nearly 800 page book put into a 2 1/2 hour movie is going to require a lot of editing, but they did a good job of keeping the most important parts intact.) - Infact I finished putting on the last fringe, about 5 minutes before I left the house ;] I hurried home after my church's youth group to get ready for my (completely jokingly titled) "hot date" - which got EVERYONE talking about it over the weekend. After church on Sunday I was "interrogated" by two friends, intent on finding out who I went on my "hot date" with - from the time we got to the resturaunt for lunch, through appetizers, until our entree's came. It was hilarious to watch :] Truth is, I went to see it with my mother (of all people) - one of the few Harry Potter fans I know. But watching people make guesses about who I went on my "hot date" with, so sure they were right - was probably one of the most entertaining things ever :]

Anyway. Now that my HP deadline has passed, and scarf is finished, I can go back to the neglected projects. 1 sleevie for Sierra sweater is finished, but I need to reseam. It's my first time setting sleeves in, so the whole "evenly spaced" thing is a bit of a challenge. Edit: After 5x (!) of seaming and reseaming Sierra sleevie, it is now ATTACHED with pretty satisfatory results :] Yes! 1 down, 1 to go! Then I can install the zipper, and pick up stitches for the collar.

I couldn't be more ready to wear this thing.