Monday, November 07, 2005

I was hoping that this weekend I would get the sleeves to my Sierra sweater finished - or atleast, started. But with the overload of Harry Potter movie previews on TV in the last week, it occurred to me that the Harry Potter Scarf I had been planning on knitting while reading HBP - so I'd have it done with plenty of time for the movie premiere - still remained unknit, un-cast-on for, and with less than 2 weeks to go. So... on Saturday night when I got home, I finally cast on.

The yarn was a gift I recieved over the summer - Plymouth Encore - not my favourite yarn, despite the great things I've heard about it. Atleast it's machine washable - gotta admit that is a plus, although I don't mind handwashing. I've managed to get about 18" done, but my Sierra sweater is still sleeveless. A girl's got to have her priorities straight. :]

No pictures yet because I'm out of batteries. Probably tomorrow :)

Plans for this weekend are already being made - hiking at Red Rock in the morning, and I'm planning on spending the afternoon looking at yard sales and thrift stores for things I can use in remodeling my room, annnnd hopefully...a sewing machine :) I've asked for one for Christmas, but I'd like to get a machine to learn on and practice on so I know what I want in getting a sewing machine, 'cause I'm pretty clueless. I don't want to waste someone's $$$, so hopefully I'll be able to find a decent used sewing machine for a reasonable price. I've been doing some research on the web, too.

Excitementttt :]